Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Know That Owner: Mike Prime


Greetings and salutations fellow Mordecai owners, my name are Mike Prime, and I go by the handle of trancefusion on WIS. I have been in Mordecai since Season 1 and while I have dabbled in a few other worlds none of them turned out to be as much fun as Mordecai. I originally joined WIS to play the football, hockey and baseball sims but soon came to fall in love with the Dynasty leagues. My first passion was with the Gridiron Dynasty where I played 60 seasons and then retired with a 532-310 record across three worlds. My stint in Hardball Dynasty has not been as successful but I still enjoy it and hope to someday have a contender in my Toronto Jays. Speaking of Toronto, that is where I currently reside; I was born on the East Coast of Canada in a small backwoods town in Nova Scotia but moved to Toronto when I was 18 to get a university education. After I finished school I stayed in Toronto and now work for one of North America’s largest banks as an IT Manager where I have been for over 10 years now. In my current role I manage a group or IT analysts who create and support java environments for the banks development team, we currently support well over 2000 programmers both in Canada and offshore.

When I am not working I like playing vids on the xbox360 (Modern Warfare 2 at the moment), spending time at the cottage with my girlfriend, doing some rock climbing and biking or pounding back some beers with my friends while watching sports. Living in Toronto I am obviously a Blue Jays fan but when I was growing up I always followed the Expos and it was sad to see them leave the Great White North for Washington. I seem to be cursed when it comes to cheering for sports franchises, for example the Jays finished 75-87 last year, the KC Chiefs (my favorite football team) finished 4-12, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (my favorite college team) finished 6-6 and to top it all off the Toronto Maple Leafs are in the basement at 19-31-11. Basically any team I cheer for sucks right now. On a positive note it can only go up from here!

When it comes to music I have a wide range of tastes but my favorite genre is trance (as you might have expected from my WIS handle), I pretty much enjoy any electronic music that I can dance to at the clubs. Some of my favorite DJ’s would be Paul Van Dyk, Paul Oakenfold, and DJ Tiesto. In my younger years I was very much into metal and hard rock, and then 90’s alternative when I was in university, some of my all time favorites would be GNR, Metallica, Nirvana, Ministry and NiN.

Well that is all I come up with for now, not too exciting but at least it is a glimpse into the life of one of the Mordecai’s originally owners. Good luck to everyone and here is hoping that my Jays can make the playoffs in season 16!!!

0 Comments: