Saturday, February 6, 2010

Know That Owner: Billy Robinson


I'm Billy Robinson aka jimrome76 to most of you WIS guys. Some folks call me Bill, William, or Billy-Bill. And some coworkers have been known to call me Dollar Bill, Brother Bill, Doctor Bill and Bill The Deal. I'm not sure why. I'm one of the original members of Mordecai and have been on WIS since waaaaaay back in 2001. I also played GD for quite awhile and the main reason I picked Mordecai when HBD came out was that I had already played GD with a lot of the owners so I already knew some of them.

I clock in at 31 years old and dont have kids or a wife but for the past couple months I am in a committed relationship for the first time in about 5 years or so. Growing up I lived in Huntsville, AL with my dad and Nashville, TN with my mom. It was a strange contrast of suburbia in Huntsville and inner city ghetto in Nashville but I think in the long run I'm a more well rounded person for having to adapt to such different extremes of society.

When I was 15 I got a part time kitchen job in a restaurant. I enjoyed kitchen jobs and caught on quick so I went full time in kitchens after high school. By the time I was 25 I had 10 years experience including pretty much every position you can think of. Dishwasher, fry cook, saute cook, grill cook, prep cook, banquets cook, banquets service, kitchen manager, night cleaner, dessert cook, pizza cook, these are all positions in a kitchen that I worked under various different chefs at different restaurants. Ive worked for too many guys like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qGDNA7GPzI&feature=related I learned from them all but by then I was just burned out on the business. The long 60+ hour weeks and working nights and weekends all for low to mediocre pay had gotten old so it was time to make a change.

In the sumer of 2004 I moved to Auburn, AL and started college at Auburn University that fall. WAR EAGLE! I went to AU for 2 years and completed the core curriculum but could not decide on a major and didnt really like the whole going to classes and studying thing. I forced myself to do it but it was just incredibly boring and tedious so I decided it wasnt for me. Im a lifelong AU fan and I fell in love with this little town so I decided to stay. I got a job at a local Chevy dealership selling cars and eventually parlayed that into a job working on cars which something that Ive loved to do since I was a teenager. So for the last two years Ive worked on cars and made decent money and have a nice easy M-F 7:30-5:30 schedule with an hour lunch break. Ive found the perfect balance.

In my free time I enjoy playing guitar. Ive only been playing for a year and it is ridiculously more hard to learn than I thought it would be. I listen to mostly metal and classic rock but the guitar has opened me up to blues. Guns n Roses is my all time favorite band. Chinese Democracy was on of the top 10 rock albums of the last decade. I like old Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Sepultura, Slayer, Biohazard etc. When it comes to classic rock I like all of the standard stuff you hear on the radio. CCR, Skynard, Deep Purple, Zepplin, The Beatles, etc. On Thanksgiving weekend I got a noise citation for blasting this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_6IjeprfEs at earth shaking levels.

I am obsessed with SEC football. I love my Auburn Tigers. Jordan Hare Stadium is a 10 minute walk from my apartment! We are about to land a top 5 recruiting class and mark my words we will win at least 10 games this year. Gus Malzahns offense is sick but now with a stable of elite talent coming in and a JC QB who fits the offense like a golve we are primed and ready to fire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6dlRzu_mBc A BCS title is coming soon.

Well there you have it gentlemen. Thats everything but my drivers license number and my DNA sequence. Hope its as interesting to read as it has been for me to live! WAR! DAMN! EAGLE!

0 Comments: