Monday, January 24, 2011

Know That Owner: Joe Bader

Okay, let’s get this over with. For starters, my name is Joe Bader, I am 28 and I reside in a suburb of sunny Rochester, NY. Although I have never meet our fearless commish, we do reside closely and surprisingly share some mutual acquaintances. My username, badercubed, stems from the fact that I am the 3rd Joe Bader in my family. For the record; I will not be passing the namesake along. I have a degree from the Rochester Institute of Technology in Civil Engineering Tech and I am proof they give out diplomas like candy. I have had relative HDB success making playoff teams, but not playoff winning teams. Hopefully Ottawa changes my fortunes. As for sports teams, I follow the Red Sox religiously, the Bills dejectedly and the ‘Cuse enthusiastically. Growing up, I played hockey goalie, lacrosse long-stick and soccer goalie. Sadly, I never made it to the professional ranks, although I did win a couple of intramural championships while competing against other “tough” RIT competition. Like cincysteve, I pretty much stick to golf these days. However, I do play indoor soccer and recently moved from the goal to the field. So, if you find me absent from the league, I probably had a heart attack. I have been married for about a year and a half, and I can honestly say it has been a blast. She has grown used to my obsession and my “fake fantasy baseball” commitment, allowing me to check my lineups and such while on our honeymoon. I work as a project manager/superintendent for a heavy highway and building contractor and I enjoy the flexibility of my work. On the side, I can place and stamp concrete as well as other miscellaneous concrete work. Cash only please.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would you not be passing your name along if you had a son?
Are you saying you wish it had ended with Joe Bader the 2nd?